Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chuckwhiz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:22:28 AM(UTC)
Chuckwhiz

Groups: Registered

When washing machine drains the water is overflowing from the drain pipe. Have already checked that drain line is not clogged. Vents are clear. Could it be something with the machine?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 5:11:22 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I cannot think of any reason why the drain pipe would back up if it is clear. See what happens if you disconnect a hose to the washer and stick it down the drain. If it backs up you know the problem is with the drain.
nacapplianceguy  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 6:08:21 PM(UTC)
nacapplianceguy

Last week I went on a service call for a sweet old lady that initially said that her washer was over flowing with water. Naturally I beleived it to be a valve (this was a kenmore 80s series) so I loaded up a few valves incase I had a dud or two. I replaced the valve and let it run and it seemed to do well as far as filling up. As I was loading the tool box into the service truck she comes outside saying it was flooding her floor yet again. After cleaning the mess for her and snakeing out get drain pipe to find a gumbo mud clump I just charged her a few cookies fresh from the oven she had pulled out. I received a return customer and some amazing raisin cookies.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:39:58 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Nice! thanks for sharing with us.
Chuckwhiz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:54:33 AM(UTC)
Chuckwhiz

We have put the garden hose in the drain pipe and run full water and it doesn't back up. Only when the washer drains during the cycle. Have had someone come and check lines and vent and they didn't find any clog. Had machine about 3 years and had no problems the drain overflowed one day. Not sure where to go from here.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:03:52 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

This is a mystery. If you have a laundry sink next to the washer try putting the drain hose from the washer in it and watching what happens when the machine empties. But if there is no obstruction in the drain line I cannot think of any reason why you are experiencing a back up from that line.
Sawfish  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:35:52 PM(UTC)
Sawfish

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
This is a mystery. If you have a laundry sink next to the washer try putting the drain hose from the washer in it and watching what happens when the machine empties. But if there is no obstruction in the drain line I cannot think of any reason why you are experiencing a back up from that line.

The drain line has to be clear to its full diameter. Rust, corrosion, etc., or anything that constricts the full 2" drain line opening can cause the drain to overflow. A water hose is only half the diameter of the drain, and therefore is not a valid test. When the pump dumps the entire 1.75" volume of water in the drain, any constriction will cause the line to overflow. Cleaning out the restriction will open up the line and no more problems.