Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
valsidalv  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:10:05 PM(UTC)
valsidalv

Groups: Registered

Recently my GE bottom-freezer fridge started to get really warm while the freezer remained perfectly cold. Fortunately I found these forums and they helped a lot :) !
I took the back panel off the freezer and the evaporator coil was thoroughly covered with frost. I used my heat gun to melt everything away and then put everything back to keep using the fridge until I figure out the complete fix. Temperatures have returned to normal.
However I have also noticed that the condenser fan in the rear of the unit never spins up. I don't know if it should spin... the condenser assembly does get warm - hot, even - so should that fan kick in? I measured the voltage on the J2 connector. There was ~13 V across pins 3 and 8 (supply voltage) but only 2.5 V across pins 3 and 5 which I believe is abnormal.

Also I was unable to find the defrost timer in the parts break down diagram as per the instructions in this stickied thread http://forum.appliancepartspros...frigerator-too-warm.html so how do I check if the heater components are working correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. the sticker on the back of the unit does in fact list the model number as PDS20MBWWW but when I entered that in the search box I was automatically redirected to PDS20MBWBWW. I wonder if there is any difference?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.