Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GaryDennis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:19:34 PM(UTC)
GaryDennis

Groups: Registered

I have an almost 10-year-old GE side by side model number GSS23QSTASS. There is a leak in either the incoming water line that goes to the filter (in our case a filter bypass plug as we have the water filtered before it goes to the refrigerator) or the line that comes down from the the water filter. Given the way the back of this machine is made, we cannot access this line. We cannot see which one is leaking either.

What I am wondering is this; since we are not using the GE supplied filter situation, what is the point of having the water go all the way up just to come all the way back down to the Dual Inlet Water Valve? Is it a pressure thing? Can I just connect the incoming water line directly to the intake on the Dual Inlet Water Valve?

What I want to do is connect the water line directly to the Dual Inlet Water Valve. The water is already filtered and the pressure is fine but if there is reason why this should not be done, can someone please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.