Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kjcristillo  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 4:31:14 PM(UTC)
kjcristillo

Groups: Registered

I recently moved, and just changed my dryer's power cord from a four prong to a three prong. I'm almost positive it is connected correctly. It runs as normal and heats, but now it makes a rattling noise, almost like you can hear the drum rotating and whirring. Could this just simply be the bearings? Would anything occur that would let me know that I hooked up the cord incorrectly, like a noise or something? I would assume hooking up the cord incorrectly would result in it not working, blowing a fuse, or worse, but not making a rattling noise. Afraid to run the dryer and just want to be sure it's not going to ignite!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.