Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cwatsrefr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:46:39 PM(UTC)
cwatsrefr

Groups: Registered

I have a question about a 42” Dacor Model DYF42BIWS00 built-in refrigerator. The refrigerator has been installed for about 18 months. The freezer section is set at 0 degrees and the fresh food section is set on 37. The fresh food section always reads 37 unless the door has been open for an unusually long time. However, when I open the refrigerator I have noticed that the freezer section often reads 7 or 9 degrees. It never reads less than zero or more than 9 and I never see a reading between 0 and 7 (or 8). I’ve also noticed that this temperature reading may change from 9 or 7 back to zero within a few seconds (get something from the fresh food section and return it a few seconds later). A readout temperature of 9 is usually accompanied by an additional sound (compressor?) coming from the appliance. This appearance of a 7 or 9 on the temperature readout occurs several times each day and has occurred since the appliance was installed although at first 9 was much more frequent than 7. This happens often and about 50% of the time when I open the door I see 9 or 7.

I also have a indoor/outdoor thermometer system and I have placed one of the remote units inside the freezer section to give me an alternate monitor on the freezer section temperature. This thermometer typically reads between 2 and 5 degrees with occasional excursions to 11 or 12 degrees and sometimes to -3 or -4 degrees. This indoor/outdoor thermometer system also captures the maximum and the minimum temperatures. Over a week’s time minimums may be as low as -4 and maximums as high as 17 or 18 degrees. This thermometer does not seem to follow the temperature of the built in display.

So my question -- Is the behavior of the Dacor freezer compartment temperature monitor normal or is there a problem that Dacor should address? Are the freezer compartment temperature readouts of 7 and 9 some sort of status codes indicating a malfunction? If this is not the expected behavior I need to get it fixed before the warranty expires.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.