Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
constanteffort  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:01:46 AM(UTC)
constanteffort

Groups: Registered

Recently moved into a house with a bosch S x S fridge. Found that the water dispenser in the door didn't work, and that no water was getting to the ice maker. Ice dispenser works fine, just not getting water.

Tested continuity on the water inlet valve, found 2 of the 3 to not be working. Order the replacement, installed, everything worked greated..water in door, making ice, life is good.

It lasted less than 24 hrs and the main selenoid on water inlet valve burned out again. Checking voltage, the main selenoid has constant 120V, and I'm sure this shouldn't be correct as that would force the valve to be in an open position at all times (voltage = signal to open, default should be no charge and closed?).

I hate to drop the $$ on another inlet valve until I figure out what's causing this to burn out. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can trace back to what I think will likely be a faulty switch somewhere? Or, does anyone know the answer to the problem and test proceedure to double check?

Not sure if anyone will find the B20CS50SNC/03 model # info or not. Thi is what's on the tag, but even Bosch's site only lists the /01 and /02 models.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.