Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
saoceallaigh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:37:35 PM(UTC)
saoceallaigh

Groups: Registered

Hi,
My Whirlpool lets some water in when i press start but stops and gives 6 flashes. If there is an error message at this point it is always F7.
If I put water in it begins the program going through the initial cold rinse for about 12 minutes and then stops. If i then press or momentarily hold the start button again it begins to spray water about for a moment then stops and pumps it all out the waste, gives 7 flashes and the F7 error message.
Is this a clear case of the side flow chamber being faulty or is it likely that the solenoid inlet valve is really the culprit?
Seán
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

saoceallaigh  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:41:03 PM(UTC)
saoceallaigh

Groups: Registered

OK no reply so I went and bought the side flow chamber. The parts guy said he has never yet had to order a solenoid but usually orders side flow chambers ten at a time. So unlikely to be a solenoid problem. Remove front lower(4 screws) panel, two screws from right lower back panel and one screw from left hand side panel, put panel to one side the pull off lectrical connection to counter on bottom right corner of flow chamber . Rotate anticlockwise (I used the open jaws of a water pump pliers inserted into two of the segments of the grid) and remove the little circular plastic grid/retainer around water inlet on left inside panel of machine, this releases the round hole in upper part of flow chamber, now pull up three little spouts on lower end of chamber and recover the three rubber o rings. Fit o rings to spouts on new unit push down the spouts in place and while an accomplice pushes the upper part of new chamber against outer side opening of water inlet, replace circular plastic fitting on inside of water intake inside machine and twist clockwise to lock in place. Then remove blue plastic bit from push-on electric connection and insert white plastic connector to new blue plastic holder on new chamber et Voila it works.