Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yyzt4e  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:23:01 AM(UTC)
yyzt4e

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone,

I just replaced my dishwasher and have a issue. There is water coming onto the dishwasher. Its not clear tap water but what appears to be waste/drain water. The drain line is double looped Once on the side of the dishwasher by the manufacture and then by me under the sink at the highest point of the cabinet. I ran the machine yesterday morning and it was a completed cycle by 1:00 pm. I then noticed about 8:00 pm when I went to put some dishes in there that there was a murky water about 2 inches in the bottom of the machine. Any insight would be appreciated. Also, I live on the second floor if that matters and there was never nor is there now a sink top air valve.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CletusT  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 11:10:08 AM(UTC)
CletusT

It sounds like more of an issue with the drain routing since it is a new dishwasher.
I would try to route the hose with only the loop that's on the machine, in other words, as directly as possible to the sink drain.
There is a check valve on the drain but it is probably not faulty since this is a new machine. Dirty water usually signals a problem in the drain line routing.
yyzt4e  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 11:47:27 AM(UTC)
yyzt4e

Cletus,

Thanks for the response. I actually ran the hose the same exact route and the previous line. Only exception is this one is looped on the side of the machine and under the sink. the old one was just looped under the sink. Someone told me that cause of the high heat we have had in the northeast that the waste water line sometimes has a higher gaseous type pressure and could be the culprit. Not sure if a air vent at the top of the sink would help or not. I have never needed one before.
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:25:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Below is a link to the install sheet.
http://www.whirlpool.com/digita...ions%20-%20W10435040.pdf

I am not sure what you mean by a loop so I am assuming this is just an upside down U in the drain hose as shown in the install sheet.

The drain hose should be installed above the u-trap in the house plumbing.

As to a higher gas pressure this should not happen if it is installed correctly as shown in the install sheet. Above the u-trap, it is open to the sink drain so gas pressure cannot build up.

If below the u-trap then the gas build up could occur but I would have thought that you would also get an unpleasant smell (sewer gas).
A gas pressure build up would be a symptom of a problem with the plumbing stack.

Another possibility (very long shot) is that there is a partial plug in the plumbings U trap. So that when you empty the sink the water rises in the sink drain and flows into the drain hose. The loop under the cabinet should prevent this. Also you would notice that the sink drains slowly.

I looked up the parts for this unit and did not see a check valve as a separate unit but it may be built into the drain pump.

If there is extra drain hose try the following.
From the unit route the hose up to the loop under the cabinet top as direct as possible.
Then down to the house plumbing with the extra hose forming a downward U before it enters the plumbing fitting.
Be sure that the hose does not kink at the plumbing fitting.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply