Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crawdadcreek  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:07:27 AM(UTC)
crawdadcreek

Groups: Registered

The washer will not agitate. It will fill, spin and drain just fine. I have replaced the agitator dogs. Have checked the motor coupling (It was not broken or shown wear). Have by passed the lid switch. The bottom agitator will turn freely both ways. I know these are the 3 first steps to check. What would be the next logical step? thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:59:50 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
We need the full model number of the machine. Is there any noise from the drive motor when it should be agitating? After washer fills and it should be agitating, does the timer advance on it's own?

Eric
crawdadcreek  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:25:41 AM(UTC)
crawdadcreek

model # 110.29822800. The noise from the drive motor sounds normal. The agitator does move slightly but you can move it either way very easily and if there are clothes in it, it will not agitate at all. As far as the timer, it seems to spend the required time to agitate and then moves to the next cycle, so yes it advances on its own. I have spent 2 days watching youtube videos and I think I have eliminated all of the easy fixes. The agitator itself is not striped out but it seems like something else it striped out making the agitator move freely. Maybe it is supposed to, not sure about that. I dont consider myself a novice but maybe a step above. lol thanks for your time.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:46:26 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would remove the agitator and check to see if the splines up inside the bottom of it are stripped. These splines engage with the splines on the metal agitator shaft from the transmission. Normally, if you stop the washer in the agitate cycle, you should not be able to easily rotate the bottom of the agitator around. If you stop it in drain/spin, you can but not if you stop it as it's running in agitate. If you can, then either the agitator splines are stripped, or the transmission is faulty.

BTW, this washer has a "dry agitate" function. Only in the bulky wash cycle, one click of the timer before drain would begin, the washer will agitate without having to fill it with water. This is for testing.

Eric
crawdadcreek  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:30:10 AM(UTC)
crawdadcreek

thanks so much for the info. the agitator itself is not stripped so I guess it is the transmission. In looking up the cost for a transmission I guess the best thing to do is to trash the unit. thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply