Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gigler90x  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:38:09 PM(UTC)
Gigler90x

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore estate top load washing machine that currently doesn't drain the water, it does agitate and spin. 6 months ago it stopped draining I changed the drain pump at that time thinking that was the problem, only to find out that it was infact the lid switch, the switch had seperated and I fixed it with a zip tie, that solved the issue.
Last week I put a load of wash in and the cycle stopped at the drain cycle. Flooshly, I assumed it was the lid switch and did not test the switch with a multimeter, I just orderd a new one, which I installed and still the water would not drain. I tested the new lid switch with a new multimeter and it was working properly. I then checked the drain pump to see if there was an obstruction, there wasn't any and it spun easily using my finger as pressure. I checked the hoses for any foreign objects and the hoses were all clear.
It is at this point where I am stuck and not sure how to proceed. I tried searching for answers, but all I could find was what I have already tried. Can anyone offer any advice on how to proceed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:20:37 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If it spins, then it should be draining as the drain pump is running in drain direction whenever the washer is spinning. Either the pump is faulty or there is a blockage somewhere. There may be something blocking the exit hole at the bottom of the tub. You could remove the drain hose from the bottom of the tub to reach in there and see if it's blocked, otherwise you would have to remove the tub which can be very difficult on an older machine.

Eric
Gigler90x  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:55:17 AM(UTC)
Gigler90x

Thank you for responding, I did remove the one short hose that went from the pump to the tub and stuck my finger in the hole and found nothing. I hear advice say that clothing can block it, how is it possible if the drum has such tiny holes that clothes can't get through or is there a hole I don't know about. Also when I dial it to the drain cycle it makes sort of an electric buzzing/ sight click noise.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:56:33 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Clothing can get between the tubs at the top under the tub ring. I've pulled many a sock out of drain pumps on these machines.

Are you sure the tub is actually spinning? With lid open and using your finger to hold down the lid switch in spin cycle, does it actually spin? At normal speed? If it's spinning at normal speed, then the pump is running. The pump is mounted to and driven by, one end of the motor shaft. The other end of the shaft drives the transmission. If the drive motor is not running while in drain/spin cycle or it's running very slowly, then you may have a faulty timer or possibly a faulty capacitor.

Eric
Gigler90x  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:05:01 PM(UTC)
Gigler90x

Thanks Eric I will give that a try
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply