Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wdobron@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 5:28:46 AM(UTC)
wdobron@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirpool Gold model#[FONT="Calibri","sans-serif"]GB2FHDXWS03. I recently noticed when I open up the refrigerator door, the display on the controls are not on. I then noticed the refrigerator and freezer were not as cold as they should be and, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked. I woke up the next morning and the same thing happened, display not working, and not as cold, but this time I was hearing a clicking sound coming from the display / control panel. I then held the rocker switch on the display / control panel and released it really quick then it turned back on. Well guess what, I came home from work and it was not working again, this time I tried to hold the rocker switch again and releasing it but nothing, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it turned on including the display / control panel.. 10 minutes later, I went to check it and the display was off and the refrigerator and freezer were not working again. I can tell you that I have had problems in the past with this unit including ice build up on the bottom of the freezer... After having a Whirpool appliance guy out and quoting me $300.00 to fix the ice build up, I decided to fix it my self by trimming the drain plug hose hole and making it bigger. That was a year ago and I have had no ice issues since. So I figure I can fix this problem myself If I can diagnose the problem.[/FONT]
[FONT="Calibri","sans-serif"]Hopefully I explained it clear enough to get some help.[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.