Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
notgoodatrepairs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:08:43 PM(UTC)
notgoodatrepairs

Groups: Registered

I have an LG washer that I purchased new in 2009. Has worked well until recently when it began to get noisy when changing direction in wash and rinse cycles. After troubleshooting on the YouTube Appliance Parts Pros site I found that the rotor hub splines were stripped out where the direct drive motor shaft goes through. I replaced the rotor hub and fired up the machine. well now it changes direction during wash and rinse cycle with no noise but...at the end of the cycle when it should spin out it will not. The tub goes round like it is trying to balance the load, starts to speed up then starts into a wildly elliptical orbit and slows down again like it is trying to rebalance again. All three tub dampers or shock absorbers feel equal in resistance both directions so don't see any obvious problems with them. Note: With no clothes in it at all the machine works fine and advances through each cycle with no problems what so ever. So the machine works perfectly unloaded but with even a light load of clothes it will not spin out. Can anyone help with this one? Also there are no codes.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.