Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Janice4926  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:52:38 PM(UTC)
Janice4926

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I've got a maytag MDBH989AWS1. The start button just stopped working. All of the other buttons seem to work.

I read on another thread that if you press normal, heated dry, normal, heated dry, you could run a test on the dishwasher. A very short wash cycle happens with this button press sequence.

I read on some other forums that the ribbon cable connections may be corroded, but i can't find the service manual for my model to find out how to get behind the touch pad to clean the ribbons.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Irismd  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:28:15 AM(UTC)
Irismd

Hi there, not a professional but I looked at the drawings from this website for my maytag doing the same thing. plus a few you tube videos. Used a hex screwdriver to remove the inner door panel to see the control board. Turn the power off first of course. If you google your model you can find a user manual but you likely want the drawings from this website as they were the most helpful.
Janice4926  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 1:40:41 PM(UTC)
Janice4926

we ended up just buying a whole new front panel with the buttons on it. Easy to install and fixed our issue!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply