Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TJStickel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:34:06 AM(UTC)
TJStickel

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore Coldspot model 106.56576400 had a problem that seemed to be the start device and/or capacitor that is attached to it. I heard it repeatedly clicking, then the sound of the compressor for about 5 seconds, then it would click again and the compressor would shut off. I looked in the freezer, and everything in it was defrosting. I looked these symptoms up on here, and ordered the parts to repair the starting device (2319792) and capacitor (W10662129).

The replacement parts aren't exactly the same physical size or appearance as the old ones, but I double-checked the compatibility and they checked out, so I installed them. I don't hear the click anymore, so I'm not sure if they're working normally. Also, the retainer doesn’t fit snugly against them.

The freezer is freezing food again, and the fridge seems to be cooling normally, too, but I’m not sure because the settings were set wrong after I turned the power back on, and I didn’t notice until now. I reset the temperatures back to the recommended settings, but I still don’t hear a clicking noise anymore.

Questions: If I don’t hear the click of the starting device, is that normal? If the replacement parts aren’t exactly the same size, is that OK?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.