Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scubastevexj  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:48:53 PM(UTC)
scubastevexj

Groups: Registered

Hi there, I have spent some time reading through the forums and it seems that almost all the cases are compressor wont start or the unit wont defrost. in my case, the compressor starts and runs for about 10 seconds then stops. the fans stay running and it will start again later with the same result. I've got a volt / ohm meter and some knowledge about general electricity, circuits etc, but i'm not really sure where to start here. since its starting doesn't seem to be a bad starter or relay or could i be overlooking that?

The only think i could think of since the compressor starts is that its overloaded (maybe going bad?) and tripping the overload protection or there is something else like a defrost condition that is causing it to stop.

The coils are not frozen over and both sides have warmed to 55+ degrees. I have shut off the unit for long periods of time with the same start and run for 10 seconds result.

any guidance on what to test first would be appreciated.

Maytag MSD2576VEA00 Cabinet Parts (Page 18 of 21)

thanks
Steve.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.