Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pacasey  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 8:57:25 PM(UTC)
pacasey

Groups: Registered

GE Monogram Oven ZET3038 (same as JT930) no display or oven light - hardly ever used it and one day notice no display, or oven light coming on. There was work done by the power company a week or so earlier. Reset circuit beaker, no change.
Found a service repair manual and the attached page has flow chart for diagnosing problems.
Doesn't look like it is the Main Power Board,(MPB) since I have O volts on J101 to J103.
So on the next step EMI filter board OUT1 to MPB J103 I got 80 volts so I'm assuming for the flow sheet that is a No, (since not 120 volts)?
If so the next step EMI filter board IN1 to MPB J103, I also got 80 volts so I'm assuming again for the flow sheet that is a No, (since not 120 volts)?
So the next step the EMI filter board IN1 to OUT2 was 123 volts.
The result "Repair faulty wiring from the EMI filter board OUT2 connector to the MPB connector J103"
The big question I have is, do I treat the 80 volt as a "NO" or "YES" for if "120 VAC is present"?
If it is a "NO", I looked carefully at the "faulty wiring" in question and could not see anything obvious - any suggestions on how to "Repair faulty wiring from the EMI filter board OUT2 connector to the MPB connector J103"
Thanks for any help!
pacasey attached the following image(s):
ZET3038.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.