Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmwest  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 4:39:48 PM(UTC)
kmwest

Groups: Registered

I disconnected my W/D in preparation for our basement getting draintiled. We've had this washer for a year, came with the house so I don't know how old it is, but no problems thus far. After the draintiling was complete, I accidentally reconnected the hoses in reverse order and ran a load, I don't think there was any problems. I noticed the hoses were reversed and switched them back.

Now when I run it on hot, no water will come out and I get the humming sound suggesting the solenoid. When I run on cold, it will fill and do a full cycle only if I open the tap to minimal pressure (about halfway). Any more water pressure beyond that, the washer will fill for about a second, then I hear a Thunk and the cold water hose shakes a little bit, then the water fill stops and I hear the hum. I replaced the water intake valve (the old one had no gunk or anything) as a troubleshooting measure but still the same problem. I know the pressure at the tap is fine because I can get full blast water through the hoses when not connected to the washer.

I can live with this problem, it just means the wash cycle is longer, but I would like to correct this preferably without having to replace my ancient washer or pay a ton!

Thanks for any help
Ralph
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.