Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cale16  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:09:55 PM(UTC)
Cale16

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone, I have spent the last two days troubleshooting and trying to repair my washing machine. My girlfriend is convinced we should buy a new one but I am certain I can repair this one.

One day I had noticed that my washing machine had water still in it. Odd as it has never happened before. As i looked inside all of the clothes sat there in a lump instead of pressed up against the sides. Upon inspecting the machine I discovered that it was not spinning.

So far after all I have tried I know this much:
The machine will agitate how ever will not spin. The motor, transmission and pump all work as expected and I have replaced the clutch believing it to be the culprit. The coupling and drive block are intact and undamaged as well as the lid switch. When in spin cycle the machine attempts to spin the inside drum but can be stopped with little pressure from my hand. Then it will not spin again unless i push it but it clearly doesn't have enough force to spin the water out of clothes. Lastly the machine does not stop from rinse to spin like many people say it should after draining but it still is trying to spin.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.