Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FixItMomma  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 10:00:08 AM(UTC)
FixItMomma

Groups: Registered

Initially, my Whirlpool Cabrio Model #WTW5640XW0 Top Loading Washer wouldn't start at all yesterday. I've had issues lately with it taking numerous attempts before it would start. After trying for 1/2 a day to get the Diagnostic Test Mode to start, it showed F5 E1 Code (Lid Switch Fault). Today, I finally figured out how to do Automatic & Manual Tests. The Automatic Test resulted in Flashing Lid Lock LED each time with blank display. The Manual Test could only be performed up to checking the Wash 08 display as the Flashing Lid Lock LED wouldn't allow me to properly do the spin and agitation tests (LEDs only flashed & beeped as indicated due to lid not being locked). When I ran another Diagnostic Code Test, I saw F5 E1; F2 E1; F7 E1; F0 E0. I manually turned the basket & it turns freely.

At this point, each test for the codes (F5 E1 and F7 E1) requires access to the main control. What should I do at this point? I really need to get this resolved quickly as my OCD tendencies won't allow me to quit and I need to do laundry.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.