Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
captjane35  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:22:00 PM(UTC)
captjane35

Groups: Registered

I have a 30 inch ge profile cooktop in my island with 4 burners and the left side has a bridge between two of the burners. Several years ago I was boiling a pot of water and it boiled over and went into the switches. At first the burners worked but not accurately. The front left burner and the bridge would come on but never heated consistently with the temperature the switch was set on. After a week or so, both the front left burner and bridge stopped working (other full size burner with bridge works) completely and the hot light is on all the time. I think it is likely the {WB24T10119 switch Infinite Cntl} marked 3 in most diagrams for this model. There is also a bridge switch #19 {WB24X449 Selector Switch} that I think could also be a factor.
Does the number 3 switch also control the bridge unit and if I replace that is it likely that the bridge will start working without replacing the selector switch? Or am I completely off base and its the whole burner unit?

Thanks for your help!

Parts for GE JP989SD5SS: Control Panel & Cooktop Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.