Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheTryckster  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:02:43 AM(UTC)
TheTryckster

Groups: Registered

I have a 2001 Frigidaire Range. Three times recently, the motorized oven door lock has locked the door without being in Self-Cleaning mode. Twice it was when the oven was on. The 3rd time was about 15 minutes after the oven was turned off.

Looking at the Wiring Diagram, it appears that the only thing that could cause this would be a failure in the EOC (Electronic Oven Control). However, I found one or two hits on the web where someone replaced the EOC and it didn't fix the problem. HOWEVER, they used a RECONDITIONED EOC, instead of a new one . . . so the replacement could have been defective.

Can someone confirm my belief that ONLY the EOC could cause this failure? The unit is very pricey so I don't want to waste money on the wrong part.

Also, my tenant is afraid the problem may cause their stove to go into Self-Cleaning mode on its own in the middle of the night and start a fire. I have tried to assure them that the door lock motor wouldn't initiate the Self-Cleaning feature, though, if the EOC is failing I suppose it could initiate any failure! Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any input you may have!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

freddie28  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 7:39:15 AM(UTC)
freddie28

Did you ever nail down the solution to this oven door locking problem?
TheTryckster  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:45:48 AM(UTC)
TheTryckster

Shortly after the original problem of the oven door locking on it's own, the bake function started having problems also. This confirmed my suspicion that the problem was the Electronic Oven Control (EOC). Since the EOC costs about $250, I opted to simply replace the whole stove with a new one.
So, unfortunately, I cannot confirm that replacing the EOC would have fixed the problem, but I think it would have.
Damianmartin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:19:34 PM(UTC)
Damianmartin

Locksmith can make you a new key for the oven lock.you may contact them.they are affordable and can provide you amazing service.[FONT='Times New Roman', serif]They can fix a damaged lock or add deadbolts to the door. A locksmith can also rekey all of the doors so that one key can open all of them.[/font]
ThatGuy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 7:37:59 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Damianmartin Go to Quoted Post
Locksmith can make you a new key for the oven lock.you may contact them.they are affordable and can provide you amazing service.[FONT='Times New Roman', serif]They can fix a damaged lock or add deadbolts to the door. A locksmith can also rekey all of the doors so that one key can open all of them.[/font]

Thanks for the info spambot.

I'll bet a lot of people lose the key to their oven. ;)
Frank Rodriguez  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 7:25:12 PM(UTC)
Frank Rodriguez

Originally Posted by: Damianmartin Go to Quoted Post

Locksmith can unlock the Oven doors also, i have heard this first time in my life...
aaranpeters  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:33:05 PM(UTC)
aaranpeters

I heard about Locksmith services like key-picking,door locks,rekeying etc but oven door is a new concept for me.
Verivy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:27:59 AM(UTC)
Verivy

If you want usual locksmith services https://locksmithtoronto365.com/ like key-cutting, unlocking, lock change etc
Selecta  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:46:00 AM(UTC)
Selecta

So far i bet you need a handyman like https://locksmithbrampton24.ca to be sure you won't buy a wrong part.
simon smith  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 12:41:07 AM(UTC)
simon smith

Canada

Available for all Appliance repair any time of the day, night or holidays. locks for oven and locks for any Appliance can make on spot call Locksmith Toronto
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply