Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ikisntel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:49:40 PM(UTC)
Ikisntel

Groups: Registered

I had a problem with the not API Ning thing so I replaced the clutch assembly. When everything was put back together, I ran a empty load to test and now it won't stop spinning after each rinse cycles and spin cycles. So as the water is filling up it continues to spin until it stops. It makes a small grinding noise when starting the spin cycle. Agitates, drains, and spins but doesn't stop almost like the brakes no longer work. Before I replaced the clutch it stopped with a big klunky sound but it stopped. Please help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 6:40:08 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Typically, when you pull the transmission, it will pull the basket drive down just a little bit. Before reinstalling the transmission, you must grab the brake cam driver by hand, rotate it CCW while pushing up to make sure the basket drive, which has the brake shoes on it, is fully seated up into the brake hub.

Eric
Ikisntel  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 10:53:21 AM(UTC)
Ikisntel

Ok I will take it apart again and try this...is it the off white plastic piece that needs to be turned ccw and pushed up...I'm a youtuber and that's how I learn to fix things.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 11:02:20 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, when you turn that, the brakes should move inward so that the basket drive can be fully pushed up. Then you can test by rotating it CCW which should cause the basket to rotate and the brakes should grab when you release it. If this turns out not to be the problem, then you need to check the drive block. You must remove the agitator to get to the drive block. The drive block and tub nut securely fasten the inner basket to the basket drive. If the drive block is worn out the basket can still rotate freely even though the basket drive has stopped.

Eric
Ikisntel  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 11:05:50 AM(UTC)
Ikisntel

Thanks Eric...I'll post the update success or unsuccessful
Ikisntel  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 11:33:47 AM(UTC)
Ikisntel

SUCCESS!!! Eric you are the man...problem solved!��������������
Ikisntel  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:55:04 PM(UTC)
Ikisntel

Originally Posted by: Ikisntel Go to Quoted Post
SUCCESS!!! Eric you are the man...problem solved!��������������

So when I said success I guess I didn't allow the whole cycle to complete. So after I did what you said it fixed the problem temporarily. I got under there again today and was able to turn the clutch cw and watched as the spring expand as I turned. I then turned it ccw and the problem was once again solved. However by the end of the wash cycle it went back to its old ways. How or what do you think the problem is?? Looking for your help once again...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply