Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smwilliams  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:57:01 AM(UTC)
smwilliams

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have a Frigidaire FEF368GBA that has a damaged cooktop. I thought I could just unscrew the front and pull it out, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It barely moves. I cannot even pull it far enough forward to clear the metal strip where the screws came out. Specifically, I can pull it far enough that I can see the empty screw holes (3), so I know it is not a missed screw. But I cannot pull it far enough forward to clear that metal lip and lift the cooktop. The left side pulls much more freely than the right side. There appear to be 2 clips or glides?? near the back of it that go under/behind the display/control panel. Do I need to worry about those? The one on the right appears to be pulling at the facing beneath the control panel so I think that is the one that is not releasing. Should I just give it a really solid tug? I cannot actually reach the metal glides or clips or whatever they are...even with a screwdriver. I was able to get a knife back there but no amount of pushing or prodding at the metal did any good. I am concerned that I will damage something else in the process if I just jerk the cooktop out. Is there a video or something that someone can direct me to? This is my first rodeo with a glass cooktop and I feel more like a clown than a bull-rider. :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.