Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davadms  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:25:53 PM(UTC)
davadms

Groups: Registered

Greetings, I have a 2 year old Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher, No matter what cycle or setting you select, it does not start. Control LED's come on. I was able to run the self test, and it goes through cycles, but does not drain at the end of the test and I cannot determine what the flashing lights (codes) indicate.

Thanks..Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:06:41 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello davadms. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like the control panel may be the issue with the unit. If the start button is not working and flashing lights, both of those indicate a bad control panel.
davadms  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:22:19 AM(UTC)
davadms

Originally Posted by: Jeff / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello davadms. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like the control panel may be the issue with the unit. If the start button is not working and flashing lights, both of those indicate a bad control panel.

Jeff, Thanks for the quick response. Last night, I had selected a wash cycle and pressed start. Initially there was no activity, Then after about 10 minutes it started? This morning, no response again. This all seem to have started a few weeks a go as we started noticing water setting in the bottom after every wash. I thought it was the drain pump, now it has this odd control issue.

Related or 2 separate issues?
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:49:45 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

It sounds like a definite issue with the control panel. As for the drain issue, if the panel canceled the cycle early, there would be water in the bottom.
davadms  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 4:33:39 AM(UTC)
davadms

Thanks again, last question about the part. There are 3 listed. Which one do I order. The DW is black.

Panel-Cntl
by Whirlpool
Part Number AP5306914
Our Price
$74.72

Panel-Cntl
by Whirlpool
Part Number AP5306915
Our Price
$39.77

Panel-Cntl
by Whirlpool
Part Number AP5306916

It sounds like a definite issue with the control panel. As for the drain issue, if the panel canceled the cycle early, there would be water in the bottom.
Jeff / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 4:40:16 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

What is your full model number? WDT710PAY is a partial number.
davadms  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:44:40 AM(UTC)
davadms

Full model number is WDT710PAYB

What is your full model number? WDT710PAY is a partial number.
Jeff / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:08:20 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

This model uses a user interface for the control panel. You will need to order part number AP5589782 for the user interface. Part number: AP5589782
davadms  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:14:17 PM(UTC)
davadms

Hey Jeff, just a follow up. Problem was not the User Interface. I noticed during troubleshooting, I could hear the drain pump coil energizing, but not running. I took it off and made sure the impeller was ok and would spin Looking inside where the motor went there seems to be a piece of plastic hanging down. I was able to move it slightly and the unit started working again, but still leaves a couple inches of water in the bottom that I have to hit the drain button a couple times to clear. Also does not seem to clean well. I was thinking I may need to replace this item. What do you think?

Pump and Motor Assembly W10482480
Jeff / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:01:51 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

It sounded like there was 2 issues with the unit at first. The not starting issue was what sounded like it could be the user interface. The no drain issue and what you have found out now, does point toward a bad drain pump on the unit. It sounds like your on the right track.