Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
craighouseholder  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 5:52:53 AM(UTC)
craighouseholder

Groups: Registered

The dryer buzzer that indicates the end of a cycle won't stop buzzing. It just goes on and on. It does this no matter what drying cycle the unit is set to and regardless of what "off" position the timer is in. Additionally, when the dryer is on it continues to run when when the door is open. I check the button in the door and it doesn't seem to be stuck in any way. Please advise. Thank you!
craighouseholder attached the following image(s):
FullSizeRender.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 7:47:42 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
For one thing, the door switch contacts must be stuck together. You can verify this by simply unplugging one connector from the switch and see if the dryer will no longer start. This switch is no longer available from the manufacturer but you may find it if you search on part number 5308001614. To get to the switch, you must remove the transition panel between dryer and washer, remove control panel screws and pull the control panel down. Then you can reach up behind the switch, squeeze the mounting tabs together and push it out the front of the hole. Unplug the dryer before opening it up.

As for the buzzer sounding while the dryer is running, that is a mystery. I don't know what advice to offer for that as I would have to get my hands on the machine myself to troubleshoot that problem. You can easily disconnect it from the timer though. The buzzer is right next to the timer and connects to the timer B and C terminals.

Eric
craighouseholder  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 9:35:30 AM(UTC)
craighouseholder

Just to clarify, the buzzer sounds at the end of the cycle (it just does not stop), but the dryer stops normally. If you move it to a time the buzzer does stop, but the dyer runs (even with the door open). Thank you so much for the help!
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 10:25:03 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Ah, well, that's different. This is caused by a faulty motor switch so the entire motor must be replaced. One other question though to be sure. When you set the timer into a cycle, does the dryer start right away or do you have to use the start switch?

Frigidaire 5303937189 Motor and Blower Housing Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
craighouseholder  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:31:56 AM(UTC)
craighouseholder

it starts right away. thanks!
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:54:15 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Ah, the plot thickens, in that case, the problem is the start switch, not the motor. The start switch is stuck closed which is why it starts right away and why the buzzer sounds continuously at end of cycle. It has nothing to do with the dryer running with the door open however. So, you need a new start switch and door switch.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...134399700-ap3844434.html

Eric
craighouseholder  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:38:11 AM(UTC)
craighouseholder

Thank You!
UncleRodge  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 4:30:41 AM(UTC)
UncleRodge

I agree with Eric. Symptoms indicate the push to start switch is stuck allowing power to go to motor continuously.

Would like to know if that does not fix the problem. You have to be a detective when it comes to appliances, eliminating possible issues until you find the answer.

Rodge @ flippingappliances.com
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 10:13:11 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the same problem as described above with my combination dryer (buzzer won't turn off unless timer dial turned to a dry setting, at witch point the dryer turns on instantly without pressing the start switch). Additionally if I unplug the appliance and plug it back in, the buzzer will buzz (without stopping) or the dryer will start instantly without pressing the start button, depending on the timer setting (off or run).

Here are some additional debug steps I performed (the following steps were checked by unplugging the appliance from wall power, performing the action, then plugging in appliance again):

1) open door => buzzer or motor still run.

2) disconnect door switch wires at 4-prong connector harness to timer => buzzer or motor still run

3) disconnect starter wires from switch => buzzer or motor run as soon as appliance is plugged in to power (no other action)

4) replaced timer (thinking there must be a short in the timer) => same problem as before

5) disconnected buzzer from timer => buzzer did not sound (no surprise); but motor runs if switch in a run position.

Any additional insights or debug would be appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply