Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dan.geddes  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 6:36:00 PM(UTC)
Dan.geddes

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Duet Steam washer will not start. Powers on, Turn the dial to any type of wash and the correct wash time is displayed, press and hold start button and it just beeps 3 times quickly.

Checked for error codes and F20 comes up, followed all the tests and checks, pump sump, inlet water, pressure switch hose, volume meter etc. and no change. Attempt to put it through the diagnostics - door locks, drain pump kicks in, but it will not open the valves to take on water? and a resulting F20 code as a result of no water.

So I tried this....... unplugged the pressure switch and started the diagnostics process again; door locks, drain pump kicks in and I leave it run for 30 seconds and plug the pressure switch power connector back in; It moves on and completes the diagnostics with no errors..... works as it should.

So I tried to rerun the diagnostics without unplugging the pressure switch first and again it would not run and generates the F20 code.

back to the unplug the pressure switch and plug in like before ... the diagnostic works fine? But the washer still does not work?

I find it hard to believe it would be the pressure switch as it does work... but being unplugged at the start means it tells something it is empty in order for it to continue.... the volume meter obviously works fine as the proper volumes come in when the diagnostic runs.

Has anyone had a similar issue? What did you do?

Is there any other things that should be looked at?
Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.