Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quichua007  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:26:02 AM(UTC)
quichua007

Groups: Registered

Every story starts with a good beer right? So does this, last night a few beers into the late evening, on my wife's nice couch, this genius falls asleep. And boy did that full glass of beer I was so tenderly holding, just fall over and spill down my wife's favorite "throws" (blankets for the rest of us). So being the kind gentle men that I am I rush downstairs with full intention of erasing the evidence. I get to the washer, only to find it full, dryer too. Once I get the dryer sorted out, I reach into the washer only to find a pool of water, and completed soaking clothes. Oh well I says, the dryer will just have to try harder. I load everything up and get them started, then go on my merry drunken way. Pan to next evening, wife says "wheres my beautiful throw, for it is freezing in here because you are a cheap bastard" at this point I confess and head down stairs to put blankets in dryer. Oh no, some error code on the dryer, dryer ran too long, whatever, start dryer again, head up stairs. Doing dishes when the lights dim and dryer in basement starts to make horrible sounds. Run downstairs shut it down, and once i'm convinced there's no fire, I begin my dis assembly(TL;DR Dryer element failed partially because I put soaking wet clothes in it) So now onto the real problem, I go to retrieve the "throws" so that they might hang dry, same thing, nearly a puddle of water, blankets are soaked through and through. Hmmm, I'll try a spin only cycle, everything seems to work, water pumps out a full force, drum spins back and forth, water goes in, goes out, but then I notice once it seems to balance the load, it doesn't spin faster, it stops and goes the other direction for a while. It never truly spins. So i check for codes, only a door sensor code. ok, so then i try diagnostic mode 6, spins up to warp speed no problem. So I was like maybe a weak motor, so i throw the wet blankets back in, and take it back to mode 6.CRAP!! it was all i could do to shut that thing down before it shook it self a part. It definitely had no issues spinning up with the weight. So that leads me to the conclusion, something it telling it not to speed up fully. Does anyone have logic tables for this? experience with this issue? Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.