Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robertmspeakout  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 8:23:12 PM(UTC)
robertmspeakout

Groups: Registered

Came home a couple days ago to a warm fridge and freezer. The unit was beeping twice every few seconds. Since then, i have replaced the control board and the inverter box. When I replaced the inverter box, it worked fine for about 6 hours and then returned to beeping and warming up. The control board swap didn't do anything apparent.

We did have a major storm come through that day - so I don't know if this was a surge issue or not.

NOTE: About a year ago the fan stopped working. I replaced the fan with a new one and that wouldn't work either. After reviewing information online, it was clear this may be a inverter box issue. Instead of bothering with the expense of that, I rigged up a small handheld fan to the same spot the OEM fan goes to and attached it to a timer plugged into a separate outline to run every ten minutes or so. It's worked great for more than a year. No problems at all.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.