Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cgsauer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:25:13 AM(UTC)
cgsauer

Groups: Registered

I have a Kitchenaid KSCS25FTMS00 Refrigerator that is less than 5 years old that is having some issues below - I've had 2 repairmen out and replaced a bunch but neither can get it to work.

NOT WORKING:
Lights - all lights inside the fridge
Icemaker - was working well until lights went out
Water Dispenser
Display in Fridge (that displays temp) - when the power is pushed it actually "counts" up to 5 then turns off

WORKING:
Refrigerator and Freezer (the actual fridge and freezer work just fine)
Outside Fridge Panel (the lights and buttons on the water/ice dispenser, but not the water/ice dispenser itself)

WHAT HAPPENED:
3 months ago the top light burned out (all others and water dispenser worked) and a new light bulb wouldn't work - as I was replacing it I hit another piece with a metal screwdriver I was holding at the top light and saw a big spark then all the lights and the display board in the fridge went out

WHAT HAS BEEN REPLACED:
1. Control Panel in Back (not sure this did anything though - nothing changed with the operation - fridge/freezer still worked before and after the change, lights/icemaker/water dispenser didn't work before and or after (but the repair man SWEARS it needed to be changed and was somehow defective - I'm not sure I believe him)

2. Control Board and Panel in Main Fridge - with the temp on it - the whole white piece with the control board were replaced - again, no change - same working fridge/freezer, no temp visible on the control panel though.

THOUGHTS: Would love to know anyone's thoughts - the repair man said its probably the wiring somewhere as both control panels were replaced and that we need a new fridge - that is a lot of money less than 5 years later.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.