Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jackchis  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 4:33:00 PM(UTC)
jackchis

Groups: Registered

My GE Profile washer does not agitate after the tub fills. I can pull the power plug and do the motor reset (open and close door 6 times) and it will then agitate fine. When it gets to the drain cycle it drains fine but does not spin. Again if I do the motor reset it will spin with no problem. This pattern continues for the rinse cycle as well. I did notice a 6 flash trouble code when the washer failed to spin. It of course goes away when I do a motor reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The washer got a new motor and transmission (does it even have one?) in 2010. It was bought in 2006. (Most of the time the trouble light (green) is blinking normally.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 4:28:14 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This model does not have a transmission, it has something else called a mode shifter.

Here is the interpretation of the six flashes

6 flashes – This means that the motor cannot turn. Clear the code and if the problem still exists follow these instructions. To check, this first remove the belt and attempt to turn the big pulley. If it turns freely both ways replace the motor. If the big pulley, is stuck the shifter needs to be replaced.

The motor/inverter and the mode shifter are unreliable on these models, so even though you have had them replaced they can still fail. If you buy the parts from this site and they do not fix the problem you can return them.
jackchis  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:14:41 PM(UTC)
jackchis

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply. More troubleshooting today. Lid switch is fine. Can't get error codes at all now. But... when trying a load it advances to the time when it should agitate and it doesn't (unless you count agitating me). If you unplug the washer and plug it back it about a minute later - voila it agitates. This continues to a time when it should spin and then nothing once again. Unplug - replug and it will spin. Sounds are all good and no error codes. Could it be the timer board? Is there a way to test that?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:33:00 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

No real way to test the board except to replace it (you can look at it and you might see some burn damage, but that is unlikely).

So go ahead and replace it and remember that you can return it if you bought from APP.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply