Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sev  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:34:35 AM(UTC)
Sev

Groups: Registered

Hello.
I am hoping somebody can supply me with a solution.

This unit was produced in Mexico between Nov 26 and Dec 2 2010.
From what I have read Frigidaire and Electrolux were having some parts quality control issues at the time. Perhaps they still are. :rolleyes:

I currently have 3 digital thermometers in the unit. 2 have transmitters for outside bases.
The freezer is set to -6 and the fridge is set to 33.
The thermometer in the freezer is at the return and the evap has produced a temp as low as -11. Though it averages been between -6 and -8.

I have one thermometer in the crisper and that never goes below 35.9 degrees. The third thermometer is is attached to the top of the cold air plenum and generally reads between 36-37 degrees.

I have replaced the temperature senors in both the freezer and fridge. One did short circuit so I replaced both of them with the latest part, #240597203
I have also tested the damper and that does open and close when I turn the fridge on and off.
I have checked for ice blockages in both the returns and supply.
I have also checked the frost pattern on the evap. There is no excessive build up.
The fan in the freezer appears to be functioning properly. I have turned it with my finger to make sure the bearing were not binding. It seem to be free spinning.
Though I suspect that does not necessarily mean it is producing the proper cfm.
I have read they had some flow problems in the past. Anybody know if the fan has been updated to one that produces more cfm?

I have also checked the door seals to the best of my ability and everything appears to sealing properly.
Also the defrost cycle is functioning like clock work. It cycles about every 6 hours. The thermometer reads up to about 50 degrees when cycling.

Now if I attempt to change the temp setting at the control panel to the temp being registered on my thermometers the fridge temp rises.

My thought is that one of the control boards is not communicating properly with the sensors and affecting the dampers function.
Or perhaps there is a calibration problem. Assuming this is a model that can be calibrated.

If its not a calibration problem what parts should I be looking at to replace?
My first thought was the User Display and Control Board, part# 241973711.
However I have not been able to find consistent information as to whether each of the control panels have specific functions or if the functions are shared across the panels making hunting down the specific part problematical.

Any advice & suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.