Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steve_page@ymail.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 7:07:54 AM(UTC)
steve_page@ymail.com

Groups: Registered

I have had an issue with the oven/broiler. Here are the symptoms:
1.The ignitors for both oven and broiler work erratically. Sometimes they will light a few times in a row. Other times, I have to keep hitting the bake/broil buttons dozens of times after the display returns to the clock and then it still does not work.
2. I did replace the ignitor in the oven a few months ago, thinking that was the problem but apparently it was not. BTW, I have read that the ignitor is supposed to glow white, not orange. I have always seen the ignitors for both oven & broiler to be orange. Even in a gas clothes dryer, when I replaced the ignitor it was orange (bright, but orange). Are you sure that is correct? Of course, this might relate to the next point I will make--
3. When I know the ignitors will work, I always hear a "click" from the relays on the circuit board. If no click, no light. I took off the back panel so I'm pretty sure it is the relays that are clicking.

One question I have is this: what is sending the voltage to the relay? It is possible that the relays are not getting fed. Of course, it is possible that the relays are bad--but both of them?

i don't suppose that removing the board and spraying it with contact cleaner would help, at least not the relays, because they are obviously sealed.

Also, I don't have any stuck panel buttons. They all beep when I press them.

I'm hoping (perhaps in vain) that this might be an easy fix but I know the control board is no longer available if it is the relays.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated--except the obvious--get a new oven!

Thank you, Steve
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.