Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tmacgreg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 3:36:19 PM(UTC)
tmacgreg

Groups: Registered

My freezer has been freezing up behind the back panel and then quits working. I have to defrost it every 5-6 days. I have already confirmed that the defrost element is good and the thermostat was not. I have replaced the thermostat, but it is still freezing up. My guess is the defrost circuit board, but I would like some confirmation before I order the part (as I live in a third world country and getting/taking back parts is difficult). Is there a way to check this part? Is there a way to force it into defrost mode?

I am also a little confused as to which part I am supposed to order. There is a board by itself (Part: 240554502), and then there is a Control Box Assembly (Part: 5304482075) which seems to come with the board, but I can't get confirmation on that.

My other issue is that the fridge side freezes food on the top two shelves. Will the Assembly fix both problems?

Thank you very much for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 4:19:35 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am assuming the thermostat you replaced was the defrost thermostat which is clipped onto the evaporator coils.

See the attachment for info on how to force a defrost cycle.

Try forcing a defrost cycle.
If the heater comes on then the defrost board is bad.

If the heater does not come on then unplug the unit and check across the heater/thermostat combo. If they measure OK then replace the defrost board.
You should just need the defrost board kit not a whole new assembly.
Be sure that the defrost thermostat is frozen when you do the above as it opens just above freezing and kills power to the heater.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
tmacgreg  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 9:12:59 AM(UTC)
tmacgreg

Groups: Registered

Yes it was the defrost thermostat I replaced. I don't see an attachment with info on forcing a defrost cycle. Can you send it again? Or email it to me?

Also, I am having the issue of the fridge freezing food on the top two shelves regardless of the cool setting. Does the Control Box Assembly (Part: 5304482075) include the correct ADC and would it fix both problems?

Thanks
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:59:47 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry about the attachment.
Here it is.
[COLOR="Blue"]
Does the Control Box Assembly (Part: 5304482075) include the correct ADC and would it fix both problems?[/COLOR]
Yes it includes the ADC but I cannot say if it will also fix the freezing problem in the fridge.
A replacement ADC may fix it as the board does control the freezer fan which affects proper air circulation.
File Attachment(s):
ManualDefrost.pdf (588kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply