Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NC_OldGuy  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 11:31:09 AM(UTC)
NC_OldGuy

Groups: Registered

Greetings all,
I am "chasing" a perceived drainage problem for a neighbor / customer's dishwasher (GSD4030Z07WW). After the final drain cycle of any chosen cycle (rinse & hold, normal, etc), the DW leaves some water in the bottom. It's not "a lot" by my observation, but the question I need answered is : Should the bottom, including the sump well be completely empty after the final drain, or is it "acceptable" to have a "residual" amount of water in the bottom ? In this case, there is enough water left that it is visible about 1" beyond the grate cover over the sump, and about 1/4" deep.
Yesterday, I removed the DW it's under-the-counter site, removed the drain hose, and checked it for "good flow" and no obstructions or resistance were noticed. Prior to that, I removed and checked the piston & nut assembly. The seal was good and spring tension seemed okay. The collection chamber was clean and the flapper valve was okay.
The DW installation is different from what I have seen in most homes. The DW is "around the corner" from the sink and disposal drain hookup. The path of the drain line is "up from the DW' about 3 feet to a hole into an adjacent inside corner cabinet then across and around the corner,then through another hole, and then down a foot and connects to the disposal port (no air gap used !). In thinking about the draining process with this elevated 7 to 9 foot path, it seems to me that there would be an above normal amount of water to flow back into the DW after the pump stops. Now that I have said that, I am thinking a good next step would be to install an air gap behind the DW in the counter hole such that there would be a minimal amount of hose water to return to the sump after the drain cycle.
I anxiously await any help you experts can offer ! And, thanks, in advance from any contributors.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.