Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rich22  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:51:52 PM(UTC)
rich22

Groups: Registered

GE dishwasher GLD4406R00BB brought about 3yrs ago BUT just installed in Feb 15 2015. 1st wash water didn’t enter the machine (dry detergent was in the bottom after the wash). Check water valve it had power and proper ohms. So I thought the screen might be clogged. So I removed valve and then I removed basket type screen (plastic) felt that it had a suction on it (pulled on it and it want to be sucked back in – I did not see a spring).
Inside of valve appears to be a water restrictor. Shape was a plastic blue piece with a round base and the tube in the middle (tube facing out toward water inlet line) and a rubber washer (valve) over the base. Inside the tube you could see 5 or 6 small hole. The rubber washer appears to be a valve and this restrictor appears to be upside down to me.

So I removed the restrictor and flipped it over where the water would push open the rubber washer/value so water can go thru the opening in the base that appeared to be covered by the rubber washer.
Re-installed water valve and water now enter the D/W. However, I did see a little wet spot under the side tube where water entered the D/W. I believe it may be coming over the top of the plastic funnel inlet piece.

Does anyone know which way that small restrictor valve should face?? I was hoping if someone knew before I replace install the valve the way it was original to see if the valve would still work.

Right now my concern is the water may be entering the machine to fast.

also i don't know why it felt like suction during that screen removal.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rich22  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:28:39 AM(UTC)
rich22

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: rich22 Go to Quoted Post
GE dishwasher GLD4406R00BB brought about 3yrs ago BUT just installed in Feb 15 2015. 1st wash water didn’t enter the machine (dry detergent was in the bottom after the wash). Check water valve it had power and proper ohms. So I thought the screen might be clogged. So I removed valve and then I removed basket type screen (plastic) felt that it had a suction on it (pulled on it and it want to be sucked back in – I did not see a spring).
Inside of valve appears to be a water restrictor. Shape was a plastic blue piece with a round base and the tube in the middle (tube facing out toward water inlet line) and a rubber washer (valve) over the base. Inside the tube you could see 5 or 6 small hole. The rubber washer appears to be a valve and this restrictor appears to be upside down to me.

So I removed the restrictor and flipped it over where the water would push open the rubber washer/value so water can go thru the opening in the base that appeared to be covered by the rubber washer.
Re-installed water valve and water now enter the D/W. However, I did see a little wet spot under the side tube where water entered the D/W. I believe it may be coming over the top of the plastic funnel inlet piece.

Does anyone know which way that small restrictor valve should face?? I was hoping if someone knew before I replace install the valve the way it was original to see if the valve would still work.

Right now my concern is the water may be entering the machine to fast.

also i don't know why it felt like suction during that screen removal.

checking message
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply