Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tcorey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 9:15:54 AM(UTC)
tcorey

Groups: Registered

I have a 2004 kitchenaid electric range, gas 6 burner stove.
it refuses to reheat/go on after its been used.
another words, if I turn it on to say 400 and cook a roast it will work fine for how long I need it. BUT if I were to hit reset and turn it up or off.
the oven will not heat to temp.
even if I try to cool it down several hours later it may not work and just sits there showing 2 bars and doesn't heat.
we had the repair guys come, he put in a new control panel and that didn't work.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

patomalo88  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 4:52:05 PM(UTC)
patomalo88

I too am having the same problem so I'm replying here in the hopes that this will boost this thread a bit more. My range is a KitchenAid Dual Fuel Range Architect Series II Model YKDSS907-SS04.

The problem described in this post is practically identical to what I'm experiencing. The oven will work fine from a "cold" start. That is to say if its the first time being used in the day then the oven will work and heat up to the desired temperature and hold that temperature for the duration of the baking cycle. Once the cycle is complete then setting the oven to any temperature it will not hold the temperature. The oven appears to be working (e.g. the oven fan goes on, the temperature is set, no error codes appear) but if you leave it alone the temperature just goes down from there.

The only solution so far is having the oven "cool" down enough for it to start working again. I just turn off everything on the oven and let it cool down. It seems that allowing the oven to cool down to around 200F seems to do the trick but I have only tried this once so its still too early to tell what the "magic" temperature would be. However it definetly seems to correlate with the temperature of the oven before it will work again.

I few theories but I'm not an appliance expert:

1) Control board is getting too hot: its posslble that the control board is not getting adequite ventilation and therefore will not allow the oven to heat up until the temperature goes down. Wonder if there is a fan that is possibly not working?

2) Temperature sensor in oven is faulty: Possibly the sensor in the oven is faulty but I'm not sure if this would cause the problem I see.

Anyways just throwing this out there to see what people think on this issue. So far two poor souls hoping for some guidance on this issue! ;)
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 4:39:49 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi, Pat.

This is not the easiest problem in the world!
The power control board also known as the relay board (not the display board) is located above the oven and is exposed to the heat, BUT only if the cooling fan is not doing it's job. So check the cooling fan performance, check for grease and lint restricting the air flow. It's possible that the PCB overheats and cools down before it's works again. But it's more likely that the PCB is faulty and is not taking the heat very well.
Another possibility is that the oven is not receiving the adequate power. Check the power cord terminals for discoloration and if any exists you need to replace the outlet. The oven should be getting a 240Volts AC supplied from the wall outlet through the power cord attached to the terminal block inside the range. When the oven gets hot, the connection of the L2 (RED) wire may get loose cutting the power to the heating elements.
When the oven is hot, use a multimeter and check if there is 240V at the terminal block.

PLease, make sure you really know what you are doing!!!

If you are not sure - call a professional appliance repair person.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and parts list for your range

Model YKDSS907SS04

The Power Control Board

Part number: AP4340863
Part number: AP4340863

Cooling fan assembly

Part number: AP3851090
Part number: AP3851090

Thank you and good luck!

Please, keep us posted of the outcome.

Simon.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 5:03:56 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi, Corey.

To properly assist you, we need a complete model number of the oven.

Thank you.

Simon.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 12:23:43 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I know it’s been 6 years since you posted this, but my exact same kitchenaid oven is doing the same thing. It heats up only once per day. I had someone out to fix it and he didn’t know what was wrong with it. Did you ever get any answers? Thanks!
Sue
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply