Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
030Chris358  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:11:49 AM(UTC)
030Chris358

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Duet front load washer (Model No. WFW9600TW01). It is currently not dispensing the fabric softener I have done the following –

1. Removed and cleaned the hose screen at the washer inlet.
2. Confirmed the diverter motor and cam were working properly.
3. Removed the entire dispenser assembly and cleaned it thoroughly including the holes in the top of the dispenser assembly that discharges water into the various reservoirs from above.
4. Reinstalled the dispenser assembly, reconnected the hoses and checked the water flow into the dispenser assembly which appeared to fairly strong; i.e., it was not a trickle.
5. Removed the dispenser drawer, ran the unit through a complete cycle and observed the location of the diverter and water flow of water from the top of the dispenser assembly into the area of the various compartments (detergent, bleach and fabric softener). The diverted operated properly by directing the water flow to the correct area of the dispenser assembly, however the water flow from each area of the dispenser was either small (bleach & detergent) or nearly non-existent (fabric softener).

I believe I have narrowed the problem down to the following –

1. Water Inlet Value is not fully opening in order to direct enough water through the diverter and into each compartment of the dispenser assembly.
2. The flow meter is retarding the flow of water through it.

Any thoughts on possible troubleshooting steps I missed or other theories on the cause of this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.