Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rwoosley101  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 4:42:37 PM(UTC)
rwoosley101

Groups: Registered

after being unplugged for days this washer, when plugged in and power button pushed to start up the washer, goes immediately to a notification mode, stating there has been a problem with one of the components. it will not go into the service mode. nothing happens when any of the buttons are pushed while the display is showing the notification. the buttons make a beeping sound when pushed but the display does not change. the unit will power off again by pressing the power button. but the same results after pushing power to turn on the machine. display goes immediately to notification mode. after unplugging again, and waiting a few minutes, it goes right back to the same scenario. I did not try to re seat any of the ribbons in the control panel, not did I try to re set the plugs on any of the controls. I realize just now that I probably should have. Have any of you ever experienced this problem. I used to work for GE for 27 years and would have called the tech line about this one, but I was there on Saturday afternoon late and the tech line would have been closed and I would have had to wait til today anyway.
I am hoping that someone who reads this will be able to shed some light on the problem for me. This is my first time using the forum but I have a feeling I will be here again in the future. it appears there are a lot of you out there who are very good at appliance repair. thanks, russ
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:32:35 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, if you worked for GE then you already know what I am going to tell you which is that these models are about the most complicated ever produced and even for GE trained techs they are almost impossible to diagnose.

There is a service manual for this model which I cannot link you to because GE will not allow tech data outside of GE, but you should be able to get one for this unit. I strongly suspect an electrical surge has damaged your main control unit.
rwoosley101  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:56:28 AM(UTC)
rwoosley101

Groups: Registered

Hello sidfink43, I appreciate your reply and it's kinda what I suspect also. I just didn't wanna overlook something simple. I may wanna bite the bullet and pay for the 1 year subscription to the GE tech line so i can talk to them about it. I've been un active for a couple years of retirement but was so bored I decided to start working again.....after all, I am only 63..... too young to retire completey...... Thanks again! Russ
ps. I just started working again about 2 months ago here in Omaha, Nebraska cuz this is where my Mom lives..... but I think I hear Florida calling me to be there at least during the winter!!! It's colder than crap here! :)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:28:50 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Good luck, but I hear Omaha has a perfect average 50 degrees temperature. 100 degrees in the summer, 0 degrees in the winter.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply