Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Texasbrons  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:19:44 PM(UTC)
Texasbrons

Groups: Registered

Okay, we have woken up in the morning to find water all over our wood floor in front of our dishwasher. As near as I can tell, the fill valve may be leaking by allowing the tub to fill when the dishwasher is off. We do not run the unit while we are sleeping at night and my wife always checks to make sure it is off before we go to sleep. We have caught it where it didn't quite get up to the door seal, but the tub basin was full. We've started to just shut off the water to prevent it from filling up. Now our wood floor is all wavy in front of the dishwasher and sink!! Grrrr. I've not seen a single other post with this problem. I also am hoping it's not the computer card having an issue. On that note, the unit does not leak water at all when it runs, so I'm assuming that is because the door locks when it is on and operating, but maybe not locked or latched when it is off allowing it to leak when it is filling up.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:59:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool GU2300XTVQ0 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

I would replace the water valve (item 7 in section 04).
It probably has a slow leak so you would not notice it when it is running.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Texasbrons  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:15:55 AM(UTC)
Texasbrons

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool GU2300XTVQ0 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

I would replace the water valve (item 7 in section 04).
It probably has a slow leak so you would not notice it when it is running.

That was my plan. I was hoping someone had seen this exact phenomenon before and would be able to say "It's this for sure". When I said it doesn't leak when it's running, I was referring to water not leaking out of the door, I realize I wouldn't be aware of the inlet valve leaking while it was running. Is there a latch mechanism that engages when the unit is running that pulls the door tight against the seal, but is not engages when the unit is turned off? I'm curious why the door would leak at night if the inlet valve is bypassing and slowly filling the basin of the dishwasher.
I'm just going to go ahead and order the supply valve and hopefully that will resolve it. Thanks for the reply!!!
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:36:16 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"] Is there a latch mechanism that engages when the unit is running that pulls the door tight against the seal, but is not engages when the unit is turned off? [/COLOR]
No.
The unit simply does not fill enough to overflow the lower front lip of the tub.
Texasbrons  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:55:51 PM(UTC)
Texasbrons

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
[COLOR="Blue"] Is there a latch mechanism that engages when the unit is running that pulls the door tight against the seal, but is not engages when the unit is turned off? [/COLOR]
No.
The unit simply does not fill enough to overflow the lower front lip of the tub.

Great. Thank you. I've ordered the supply valve so hopefully that resolves the issue. If not, I'm afraid the next thing will the computer card is telling it to fill for some reason. Hope that's not it!!
denman  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:55:24 AM(UTC)
denman

I am fairly sure it is.

If the computer had powered the valve on, it should not overflow. The overflow switch/float would kill power to the valve once the water level got too high.

The only other possibility is that there was back flow from the drain and this is very unlikely because the drain seems to work OK.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply