Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ransom  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 2:38:44 PM(UTC)
Ransom

Groups: Registered

Inglis dryer, not sure how old but not a clunker by any means, bought it used a few years ago. It`s working except no heat.

I have been testing thermostats and elements for continuity. Unless I am doing something wrong, everything I have tested seems fine. High limit fuse, heating element, thermostats.... breakers.... running out of things to test!

Any thoughts or suggestions... thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Ransom  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 6:07:44 PM(UTC)
Ransom

Groups: Registered

I just noticed another post that described a similar problem and another problem that seemed to arise simultaneously- the timer won`t go off until switched off manually. Came in handy the first time as the clothes came out dry after being in there all night (it was Halloween, I was a little spooked to wake up to the dryer still running :) ) .... anyway, if johnnymac`s post is accurate, this sounds like something more on the electrical side and not as simple as swapping out a heating coil, fuse or thermostat.... I can`t be messing around with 240v so I guess I`ll have to call in a pro.
denman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:31:25 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry but I cannot find any info on the given model number.
Please check it.
Find your model number - AppliancePartsPros.com

Tried here, the Whirlpool site and Sears parts.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:35:35 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Try resetting your AC panel breaker for the dryer. Sometimes the L2 leg can trip without tripping the whole breaker. Drive motor would still work but no heat. If that isn't it, check for 240vac at power cord terminal block on back of dryer. Should have 240vac between two outside terminals and 120vac between each outside terminal and the center terminal. If good, problem could be faulty motor switch or timer assuming you have checked the hi limit thermostat, thermal cutoff, heat element and operating thermostat.

Parts manual is here.

Wiring diagram is 3406689 and should be inside your control panel.

Eric