Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MovingMountains  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2014 6:04:18 AM(UTC)
MovingMountains

Groups: Registered

Help please. We are getting an F2 and SUD error code. There are no suds and the tub is draining properly. The error code appears at the start of the spin cycle. The tub agitates normally but doesn't spin (it spun once after we replaced the pump, but has stopped spinning and now we are getting the error code again). We replaced the pump and cleaned out the Tub to Pump hose.

We're stumped. What do we check/do next?

The washer was purchased in 2003. This is the second time we have replaced the pump, but other than that, no other problems.

Thanks for your assistance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 5:35:14 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

About the only way to diagnose these Whirlpool Duet machines sold under the Kenmore brand is to replace parts that are suspect. Yes, that is what Whirlpool techs do.

You can try and diagnose it using the tech notes, but I would replace the pressure switch. A lot of times that error code is generated by a faulty pressure switch. If you buy the switch from this site and that does not fix the problem you can return it.
MovingMountains  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 10:59:43 AM(UTC)
MovingMountains

Thank you very much for your reply. We are going to try the pressure switch replacement you suggested. If the pressure switch doesn't work it's off to the appliance store for a new washer!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 12:10:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Sounds good, let us know how it turns out. Don't feel bad if you replace it, you have already gotten more use out of this model than 95% of those who purchased it.
MovingMountains  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 12:50:35 PM(UTC)
MovingMountains

Sid: Are there any brands/models (front load) that have a better than average repair record (if I go the replacement route)? I could look on Consumers Reports, but I figure you will have boots-on-the-ground expertise :)
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 2:08:11 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

People like me strongly dislike all front loaders because

1. The weight is perpendicular to the axis, so there is a large number of failures of a structural nature or a rear bearing failure. If the rear bearing fails the cost of repair is prohibitive.

2. Front loaders have electronic controls. Electronics hate heat, water and vibration. Washing machines have . . .

3. They are expensive.

but if you have to have one the Duet's are pretty good. And this is one time where getting the extended warranty is required.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply