Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wmlye  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 7:07:46 PM(UTC)
wmlye

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher's been acting up and not cleaning dishes on the top rack. I disassembled the filters (very similar setup to several how-to videos on line, just using Phillips screws instead of Torx), pulled out lots of gunk and crud, and made my way got down to the chopper. The chopper screen was totally clogged and the chopper blade itself was loose on the shaft. So loose that it came off in my hands, along with three washers, the retainer, and the screen - the spring stayed on the shaft. The shaft was totally torn up and the round tip had worn down to almost nothing, and the grinder cover was probably all that was preventing it from popping off.

However here's the issue: The model # (GDWF700V01BB) is a weird one, and doesn't seem to show up in anyone's repair database; I'm in Canada and the DW was bought at Home Depot if that helps. The chopper itself is a 2-bladed version and looks very much like one used in Kenmore/Kitchenaid/etc. However, all the how-to videos show the chopper shaft easily disengaging from the motor with a set of teeth, and mine doesn't want to come off anywhere near as easily. Given that it's a bit hard to see in there to make sure, I don't want to force it and break something. I reassembled things, leaving the screen in place for now, but I want to get a new chopper before too long.

Therefore I have two questions:

1. What would be the correct chopper assembly for my dishwasher?
2. How would I install it?

Thanks in advance

-Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.