Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CARRION  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:57:51 AM(UTC)
CARRION

Groups: Registered

I presently own a Whirlpool Model# DU1055XTSB1. The model number has been verified. Approximately 3 months ago the control lights were out and the unit would not come on. I checked the breaker and it had not tripped and after searching on the internet I determined that the unit had a thermal fuse located behind the control panel. I checked the fuse for continunity and determined the unit was blown. After ordering another one replaced the unit and it ran until a couple of days ago. Checked the fuse and was blown again. While waiting for the replacement to arrive decided to jump-out the fuse and finish washer a load of dishes when the fuse blew. Shortly after starting the washer I started hearing a sound coming from under the washer. It sounded very similar to a motor arching. I have a electrical power background so am very familar with this sound. I am in the process determining whether to repair or replace. The unit is just over 5 years old and paid at the time around $400 at a local Lowes store. So if someone could comment on what the sound could possibly be and if I do the repair myself if feasible to repair or should I just replace the unit.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:37:29 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool DU1055XTSB1 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

You will have to remove the kick plate and try to locate the sound.
Most likely places would be a bad connection in a wire nut connecting the unit to power, the heater or the motor connections.

When you replaced the fuse did you also use the new harness that came with it.
If not, you should.
File Attachment(s):
DU1055.pdf (244kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
CARRION  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:57:44 AM(UTC)
CARRION

I will have to look. Are you talking about the supplied wires that came with the fuse having the spade connectors on the wires? If memory serves me correctly, and I have realize that at over 50 my memory is nothing like it was in my 40's ha.ha, I don't think I did I think I just used the old wires and swapped out the fuses. I still have the wires that came with the new fuse. So why would it make a difference which wires I used? I will take the cover off and look and/or hear to determine where the problem resides.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:41:37 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]So why would it make a difference which wires I used?[/COLOR]
I do not know why but I do know that it makes a difference.
I have had several instances where someone replaces the fuse without the new wires and it blows again then they use the wires and away they go with no further problems.

Your unit does sounds like it has another problem but use the new wires once you figure out and fix the crackling.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
CARRION  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:13:13 PM(UTC)
CARRION

Ok I'll take your word for it and replace the wires. I will also look into the crackling sound and will get back with you when I find out what the problem seems to be. Thanks for your help and hang on until I get back.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply