Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TavisTr0n  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 7:56:49 PM(UTC)
TavisTr0n

Groups: Registered

I have what I believe to be is an LG LDF7810ST or LDF7811ST model dishwasher with a burned out Main Control Board see picture: P1010559.JPG

The burned board reads, "LG Electronics Inc, 6870ED9001A (UDDY-PJT)" but I can't find this part anywhere or it says it "has been discontinued" so what replacement should I use?

This is a used dishwasher bought from a Appliance Recycling Center 2-3 years back with the Model/Serial sticker from the inside washer door removed/lost. So I have no idea what the serial number is. From the manual pictures on LG's website, I have determined that it is indeed either of the two models listed above since it does have the same front facing timer display and the top loaded buttons all match those on my dishwasher. The part in my picture is of my current Main Control Board which I can not find a replacement for online. I'm wondering if I can replace it with one of the following boards without problems: http://parts.********************/partsdirect/part-number/6871DD1006F/0022/721

It *looks* pretty close to what I currently have in my dishwasher but that could mean nothing. :confused:

Please if anyone can help me find the right part(s) I might be able to repair this myself and avoid buying a new dishwasher.

I've read other forums about how similar LG dishwashers have wire harness problems and need to have the wires insulated from the "black tar" and metal tub to prevent this from happening in the first place so I plan on wrapping the wires after replacing the control board since you can see that clearly happened in the upper right hand corner of the board where the white plastic melted.

unnamed-5.jpg Close up of burned corner.

By the way if anyone can tell me if I can replace just that part (the "white wire clip" that clicks into the control board) of the full wire harness that would also be helpful...

The rest of my old harness looks to be in good condition except for where it enters the main board (again melted part up right hand corner.)

Maybe I can just strip the wire back to where its clean and clamp a new "white wire clip" (is it possible to order this?) to snap into the new control board?

BTW the dishwasher worked great until I noticed an awful smell of burning circuits just before I popped open the front panel to reveal this burned mess.

Thanks for any help!

Tavis
TavisTr0n attached the following image(s):
LG_Control_Board.jpg
burned_LG_control_board.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.