Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KKPendleton79  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 8:23:13 AM(UTC)
KKPendleton79

Groups: Registered

My washer stopped after filling with rinse water. I could not get it to drain so I bailed water. I had someone look at it and they said I needed a lid switch but it has not worked for a couple of years the I haven't had any trouble with it not washing, etc. it would just not stop when the lid was opened. He did some checking and then said that it was the timer then. I went ahead and ordered a lid switch, since I knew it didn't work properly, and also a timer. I replaced both parts but then I could get the washer to fill but then it wouldn't start washing. I turned the dial that selects which cycle to use, re: regular, hand wash, delicate, etc. to various places and could not get is to start. I got frustrated and slammed the lid and it started washing. Could there be a short in the new lid switch or the wiring harness? Does the ATC switch/temp or the water level selector have anything to do with the washer not starting after it fills? I pulled the cabinet off the washer and checked the pump and hoses to see if anything had gotten sucked into them when the washer drained but they were all clear. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.