Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brianglover  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 9:45:00 PM(UTC)
brianglover

Groups: Registered

Hi guys,
If anyone can solve this conundrum, I would be both impressed and extremely thankful! Here is the problem in a nutshell:

My electric dryer will not heat. The heating element shows 240volts when the dryer is on. Each leg shows 120volts to ground. The element resistance is 10Ω. Testing the case of the heating element to each lead on the element shows no continuity, therefore no short.

More background: I have either tested for continuity or jumped every piece of equipment on the electrical path that contains the heating element, and everything checks out. Everything else on the dryer runs as it should.

This thing has stumped me. I absolutely can't understand how the heating element has 240 volts flowing through it, and has the proper resistance, yet produces no heat. I am hoping someone smarter than I sees this and can provide an answer. In other words HELP, please!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.