Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nick from Detroit  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 3:38:09 PM(UTC)
Nick from Detroit

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to fix my sister's [COLOR="Blue"]GGW9868[/COLOR] dryer, which I determined that the control board ([COLOR="Red"]3980061[/COLOR]) was bad. When you pressed a cycle button, a relay would "click" but nothing would happen. After checking the motor, all safeties, and gas valve, the only thing left was the board.
My dryer is the same model, so I plugged my board into her dryer and it's worked okay since then.

I noticed a burn mark on one of the pins for the motor relay when I removed the board. I located the relay online, ordered, and soldered it in.
When I plugged the power cord in, the motor started immediately, without touching any panel buttons. The door switch kills power to the motor when opened. I can feel, and hear, the motor relay coil pull in when I plug in the power cord. It receives 12vdc from the transformer.
I tried a couple of different drying cycles, and the burner fired fine.
This board is no longer available, so, she would have to buy a refurbished one for $100-$250.

I guess I need to know what is causing the motor relay to receive 12vdc continuously when I plug in the power cord? And, is there a fix?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.