Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dansally  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:21:25 AM(UTC)
dansally

Groups: Registered

I live in Pensacola Florida. Woke up this morning and the house was very warm (83). Originally the compressor nor the compressor fan was coming on. I did some research on Google, and was thinking it was the contactor. It looks a little burnt on one end. I pushed it in and out a few times. Then put the fuse box back in and had my wife turn on the AC from inside while I watched the contactor. It moved as expected and now the compressor comes on but not the fan. I turned the fan blade with a stick and it moves freely. It is supposed to be over 100 today so it is going to be miserable if I cannot get it fixed. We bought the house new in May 2004 so the unit is a little over 10 years old. Any suggestions would be Greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Dan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dansally  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:17:22 AM(UTC)
dansally

My son got in touch with his friend who came over. Very simple fix. He replaced the Capacitor. Part number is PRCFD355. Asked him how much I owed him. $60. Although I could have easily did that myself, I am very happy to pay $60 for someone to fix my AC on a Sunday afternoon!
gerry d  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 3:27:19 AM(UTC)
gerry d

I agree that the start cap is probably the issue. They can be tested with most digital multimeters set to the capactance setting. Many are dual caps and have 3 wires connected. 1 is a common lead to the 2 caps. that is a run cap and a start cap built into one housing.

easy fix if thats it

that model has a dual run cap. 35/5 MFD, 370 volt. round housing. They are easy to find . Should be under 20 bucks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply