Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MartyD12  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 7:07:23 AM(UTC)
MartyD12

Groups: Registered

Hello,

About 3 days ago I noticed the freezer was running at 25 degrees, after having been at -2 for as long as I can remember. I kept an eye on it and eventually it climbed to 40. I unplugged it to see if it would reset and it didn't magically do so - but soon afterward it started going down again and reached back to -2. This lasted a day before it started climbing back up again.

At this point we emptied it and I checked continuity on the evaporator heater and it checked OK. I also tested the evaporator thermostat and it was also good - open at room temperature, closed after being in a (different) freezer, then I held it in my hand with the ohm meter and heard it click open after a few seconds and the ohm meter registered open again.

So its safe to say a lot of things are working, but not enough. No warranty and no help from the manufacturer. Just wonder if anyone has any ideas on what it might be and if it is worth it for me to try and repair. Thanks in advance.

MartyD
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.