Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David L. Mandel  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:21:23 PM(UTC)
David L. Mandel

Groups: Registered

I asked this about a month ago and got no response. Maybe someone was on vacation and can reply now?
Sometimes it runs fine, but more often, the flame ignites normally at first but then goes out after a minute or two. It cycles on again one or two more times, then the ignitor continues to glow periodically but no flame. No difference with the vent removed. No difference with or without wet clothes insideWhat is the most likely problem? Second most likely? Can someone suggest diagnostics before I spring for parts that might not be the right ones?
Thanks very much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

patmac  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:33:43 PM(UTC)
patmac

Groups: Registered

The following link is for my thread with a similar problem. These folks here are mad busy, so I pushed through it myself.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...-heat-does-not-stay.html

The gas solenoids ( coils that open and close the gas valves ) seem to be the most intermittent type of a failure...as opposed to a thermostat going bad, or the ignitor having an open circuit.

I checked continuity on the high and low thermostats ( mine are side by side, bottom front ), they have their ranges on them, pink and blue.

Checked the continuity of the cycling thermostat, mounted on the heater box ( where the flame goes ).

Checked the continuity of the flame sensor, mounted on side of flame area.

And checked the ignitor as well.

All were good. The gas solenoids ohm'd out according to specs I found, BUT, that does not say anything about the health of the solenoids when a current is introduced.

Since the other components in the heating circuit were good, I replaced both solenoids, and that fixed the problem.

Like I said, I hacked my way through this, it's your choice to check what I did, or wait until someone (a professional ) chimes in to help out.:o
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply